Friday, November 02, 2007

advice again!

Hmm, tricky one I need your help with. Today I received this e-mail which wasn't actually meant for me, but which I could answer. The trouble is, I don't know how to. Take a look:

Dear Mr. Blogs

Following a recent visit to Sedgefield, I have become extremely perturbed by the number of prostitutes there. Perhaps you would be kind enough to explain to me why this should be so.

I await your response with interest.

Yours sincerely,

Fred Jones


You see, my immediate reaction was to assume that he was complaining that there were too many prostitutes there, that he disapproved of the flesh trade, even if both parties were willing and, understandably I would say, he didn't want a load of tarts hanging around on streets wearing nasty, cheap clothes. But what happens if actually he was complaining that there weren't enough hookers? That he went to Sedgefield having heard it was a great way of getting some action for the blue veined custard chucker and was sorely disappointed when he just found someones nan in a pvc skirt and laddered fishnets?

If I ask him what the problem was it could offend him. If I take a guess, it could be wrong. If I don't do anything, it's rude. You see, once again we stumble across the ethical problem that is prostitution. What a to-do.

3 comments:

Uncle Dick Madeley said...

Leave your reply vague. You simply tell him that the pimp/prostitute ratio is the best in the country.

Fidothedog said...

Dear Fred Jones,

Thanks to investment in regenerating areas of Sedgefield under New Labour, this has led to many more jobs being created on the streets of Sedgefield.

Thus

Regards

Mr Blogs.



**Sounds like a job for some New Labour spin....

Mark Wadsworth said...

Assume that he thinks there are too many. If he thinks there are not enough, at least he will see the funny side. Vice versa rather not.