Friday, November 09, 2007

Consider me amused again...

That Kate Moss mistook David Cameron for a plumber. Well, I suppose he does deal with a lot of shit. And he's gotten into some hot water and, erm, he takes a lot of our money for sitting around talking and generally not doing a lot? Anyway:, it goes like this:

"I went to a charitable dinner the other night and Philip Green came up to me and said, 'Would you like to meet Kate Moss?' So I said, 'Well, of course I'd like to meet Kate Moss.' I went over to her table and on the way over I thought, what on earth am I going to say?

"And I remembered she actually has a house in my constituency and we'd had these terrible floods in West Oxfordshire and so I said, 'Very nice to meet you, very sorry about the flooding in your house. I know your local pub has been flooded, I've been to see the publican and I know you like to go to the pub and so I know it's going to re-open in six months.'

"So I went on like this, twittering on, and she turned around and said, 'God, you sound like a really useful guy, can I have your phone number?'"

Mr Cameron went on: "I went back to my table and said, 'The good news is, I met Kate Moss and she wanted my telephone number. The bad news is, I think she thinks I'm something to do with drainage.'"

Of course if I were there I would have asked him why my council tax was being sent back to the government because of the EU's landfill tax which was pushed through the EP by Tory MEP Caroline Jackson. But then I'm not a supermodel, and never likely to be.

3 comments:

Vindico said...

The story would be more exciting if he had offered to sort out her plumbing!

Anonymous said...

Has kate moss ever been mistaken for a human being?

Anonymous said...

Bah, you're better than any supermodel. How many supermodels care about their nation's independence?