Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ridiculous survey on shoes

Croydonian has written about a survey from France which says French researchers have revealed that the average Frenchwoman has just nine pairs of shoes.

I have just shown this to my French colleague who informs me that she owns a damned site more pairs of shoes than nine and her very young niece (less than a year old) has more than nine pairs for winter alone.

I have tried to count how many pairs I have and you probably won't be surprised to know that it's more than nine. I did my changeover for the spring/summer season and put nine pairs away and took nine out and there were still two full shoe racks with 'all season' shoes and the designer shoes still in their boxes and bags, with shoe trees.

I do hope the French aren't letting the side down, but I suspect it may just be a stupid survey.

No comments: