Friday, May 02, 2008

London elects

Well, my contacts at the vote say that it looks like a win for Boris which will be utterly wonderful for London. yes, I'm not a Tory, but I think Boris is a bloody good bloke and had I had a vote in London he would have been my second preference. I hate Ken Livingstone so much I probably would have been happy to have my toe as mayor instead of him.

Not the BNP, though.

They're having a moan saying some of the ballot boxes were not sealed when they arrived which, in strong Labour areas I wouldn't be surprised about. But they've been amazingly lucky during these elections. Because of the complete media blackout on any small party since the Standard decided that fourth candidate would be the Communist Green Party (hoping to take the green vote away from Labour rather than a party who may take the vote away from Boris, showing in one easy step that even they didn't understand the voting system) the BNP will pick up the protest vote.

When they announced their policies, they had page leads in papers like The Times, they had full page coverage in the Mail and other people were campaigning for them, thinking they were discouraging people from voting for them. These are the sorts of people that think disgruntled, put upon Londoners will listen to some sanctimonious twat in a kaftan. So a big thank you to the media, particularly the Evening Standard. Your behaviour has helped ensure that small parties who offered a reasonable alternative got no coverage whilst the BNP were made to look like the only option.

I hope you're ashamed of yourself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like we may see a referendum soon. YIP, YIP, YIP.

Anonymous said...

Long overdue when MSM should accurately report facts, rather than suppress them

Anonymous said...

support democracy------boycott the 'Evening sub-Standard'

James Higham said...

Your wish has been granted, Trixy.