Monday, October 08, 2007

liar, liar, pants on fire

After I wrote the piece about Brown, I thought I'd send him an e-mail about one of the issues, which I duly did:

Dear Prime Minister,

I was very interested to hear in your speech to the Labour Party Conference that 'any newcomer to Britain who is caught selling drugs or using guns will be thrown out. No-one who sells drugs to our children or uses guns has the right to stay in our country. '

I am slightly confused as to how you would do this, given that for anyone coming to this country from an EU member state, directive 2004/58/EC states that:

2. Measures taken on grounds of public policy or public security shall comply with the principle of proportionality and shall be based exclusively on the personal conduct of the individual concerned. Previous criminal convictions shall not in themselves constitute grounds for taking such measures.

How could you then ensure that drug dealers and people who use guns and are from an EU country are thrown out when it breaks EU law, which according to a House of Lords ruling (the Factortame case, I believe) EU law is supreme to UK law?

I look forward to hearing from you, and hope you have fun at PMQs tomorrow - which is at least entertaining to watch.

Yours sincerely

Trixy

Well, I have since discovered that the question was asked in Grawp's press conference today and the Prime Minister said it wasn't true.

The Prime Minister lied to the lobby press, whilst they weren sitting there in front of him. I had a look at PA to see if the transcript was up there but I can't find it, so it probably won't be considered a big story.

The Prime Minister i.e the Top servant of the people (am teaching myself Latin)thinks that's it's okay to lie to people. To stand up in front of the world and lie.

And it's not a story. What does that fucking tell you?

I'm sick of this country. I just want to get out of it before Brown returns it to the land it used to be: a barren wasteland.

No comments: