Monday, January 15, 2007

Tories: shitting their pants?

Trixy has managed to get wind of a very interesting e-mail via a selection of people I have never met before in my life. I thought the comment was very telling about the current real world* Tory attitude to all these defections to UKIP over the last week:

07:20 Lord Kalms has joined UKIP. Stuart Wheeler has met Nigel Farage. Stuart Wheeler, big Conservative donor: I think DC has done well for the Conservatives and part of me doesn’t want to wreck that but the party hasn’t done enough on Europe. I want the Conservatives to form the next Govt and UKIP won’t be doing that. Nigel Farage’s view is that he’s got to force DC’s hand to make him be a lot tougher. What the EU costs us: 40b for the average family is £2000 a year.


So despite the Boy Blunder standing by his comments that UKIP are 'fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists, mostly...' his loyal party workers are slightly more worried than he.

Or maybe he is worried, but the snake oil salesman just turns up looking like nothing bothers him? Still, I suspect that The Anaconda's shoulder may be a little damp with tears of a crying Tory leader at the moment. Thank heavens he has some friends....

*i.e not the wankers in Notting Hill

No comments: