Friday, September 19, 2008

Proof at last!

Yes, not only are UKIP more in touch than the Lib Dems but I have indisputable proof that the Daily Mail are openly biased against UKIP and Nigel Farage in particular.

Armed with only my pocket calculator (I did an economics degree which required the purchase of a snazzy calculator with buttons that did stuff) and The Great Clegg Clanger Quiz I have shown an unwarranted bias.

Using the results from Simon Cowell and Edwina "eugh how could you" Currie who both scored 8/10 and Richard Briers and Duncan Bannatyne who scored the same as Nigel Farage with 7/10 I set about working out the errors in the answers they gave about the price of stuff and how much it actually cost.

Simon Cowell made errors totalling £4.49 and came top. However, according to the Daily Mail he scored the same as Edwina who made £28.33 in errors.

Second was Nigel Farage who scored £20.78 in errors although we do dispute the child benefit figure because it's only £18.10 for the first child and £12 for any subsequent.

Third was Richard Briers, who scored the same as Farage and Bannatyne but less than "eugh" with their 7/10 who made £25.31 in errors.

Out of my selection, fifth went to Duncan Bannatyne with £40.40 in errors. Blimey. Tony someone also scored 7/10 but considering that in one answer alone he had an error of over £45 he clearly wasn't going to buck the trend.

So there you have it. Proof not only that I can be a wee bit of a geek but that the Daily Mail is biased.

3 comments:

James Higham said...

Oh well, that proves it then, doesn't it?

Mark Wadsworth said...

Wouldn't it make more sense to add up cumulative percentage errors? Being £1 out on the price of a pint of milk is far worse than being £1 out on e.g. the State Pension for couples.

Trixy said...

Yes, but I didn't have a calculator on me and I couldn't be bothered to do it all in my head. Besides, glancing at those they told a similar tale.