Monday, February 09, 2009

commercial break

For some amusing political infighting.

Readers will know by now (I hope) that I am a supporter of the UK Independence Party and am none too keen on the loony brigade who seek to ruin it.

Luckily I don't have to spend too much time writing about it because The Common Man seeks to set the record straight when the green ink starts splashing on the walls.

I do get questioned by people who ask me what these so called 'UKIP supporters' hope to achieve, particularly in their hatred and jealousy of Nigel Farage. Well, I can put hand on heart and say that I believe they do not want the best interests for UKIP and instead seek to demolish it by removing their main player. Given the employees of certain MEPs one could argue that their goal lies slightly to the more authoritarian parties (okay, so that's pretty much every party but one and so I should stretch it to 'a couple of MEPs') but at least one can look on these people and laugh at them in all their amusing glory. A circus, if you will.

This particular post had me giggling and I think serves a useful guide for anyone seeking to hold a public meeting.* Look on it as a gift from me to you, via someone else who actually did the work:

Steam enthusiasts barely noticed the untumultuous tea party sized meeting which had gathered to show support for international superstar Robin Page and exchange reasons on why UKIP would be successful if only they were in charge.

Addressing himself to the rows of adulating empty chairs, Mr Page explained at some length how UKIPs leadership had to recognise his fame or face the consequences. "Rules aren't made for people as important and famous as I am", boomed Mr Page before blaming the first two people to spring to mind and invoking the doctrine of Pagal Infallibility.

The burning controversy of the day has proved to be over the mathematical ability of former economist Dr Edmonds. Initially posting attendance on his blog as 45, within hours it had grown to 63, and all this hours after the conference had ended and everybody had gone home...

Do go read the rest.

Robin Page does intrigue me. He is paid by the Daily Mail to slag off UKIP and Farage in particular and calls himself a 'real conservative'**, or some such.

But are The Mail aware of his reported attendance at UKIP meetings (in what I would call rather 'unsavoury' company) at which one could draw the conclusion that he isn't a Tory at all, but just a bitter old man pissed off that he wasn't allowed to break UKIP rules?

I haven't read most of his rantings, I don't have time or the insomnia, but it is reason enough for me to not buy the Mail. Why should I help fund that rubbish? At least when I rant, it doesn't cost anyone.

And I can back it up.

*this may be an exaggeration. I don't know, I wasn't there. I don't hate myself that much.

** Whatever that may be.

No comments: