Friday, December 08, 2006

I wonder if that's what he meant....

The German Commissioner, Günter Verheugen, has been snapped frolicking on a nudist beach with his newly promoted aide.

The 62 year old German was snapped in nothing but a baseball cap on the beach in Lithania, and apparently his wife knows about it.

Well, am not actually that interested in other people's private lives. Let's face it, it frees up two sunbeds for the other guests who want to soak up the sun around the swimming pool.

No, what really got me and made me laugh until my colleague had to hit me over the head with a copy of Vacher's quarterly were the comments by José Manuel Barroso, President of the European Soviet:

José Manuel Barroso, President of the European Commission, rushed to the aid of his German Vice-President yesterday, saying that he expected “people’s private spheres” to be respected.

And which 'spheres' might they be, Mr Barroso?

*cue yet more chuckling....*

No comments: