Monday, December 13, 2010

Just for the record...

Ah when you're busy enough in your life trying to set up new businesses, doing pro bono work for little charities who are trying to make a difference rather than use beneficiaries to promote themselves and endlessly waiting for people to get back to you so you can finish jobs, you get another little lump of dog turd in the post.

Care of my previous employers an accusation of defamation (Yes, even though they're an organisation.) amongst other little gems.

Initial response once picked self back off chair is Arkell v Pressdram but it would be nice if people realised that the 1996 Defamation Act doesn't exist for people who take offence at truthful remarks to have their egos stroked better through the medium of a civil case. If it were then, let alone be on a Prime Time TV show, Craig Revel-Horwood would be in the debtors prison.

Recalling the times in Brussels when friend and I played volley ball with writs written by MEPs who had taken umbridge at being featured in a less than attractive light. Ah, such happy days.

Sadly for these folk, I'm not going to withdraw my complaint against them. I'm made of sterner stuff than that.

2 comments:

James Higham said...

Yes, well done in that. I've been getting stick lately for telling the truth as well. Keep at it, Trixy.

The Spine said...

I'm out of the blogging loop for a year or two and everything goes to hell in a handcart. Writs? Defamation? Before I exiled myself from blogland, the last I'd heard of you, Trixy, was that you were flirting with that Chip Dale character. And whatever happened to him?

Ah well. Good to see you as feisty as ever. ;o)